Oakley & Deane Parish Council
Abandoned vehicles should be reported to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council who aim to investigate reports of abandoned vehicles within three working days. Their aim is also to remove a vehicle as soon as they can confirm that it has been abandoned.
The borough council are unable to investigate vehicles if:
- They are taxed and in working condition.
- They have been on private land for less than two months.
- They have been on public land or the highway for less than a month (unless the vehicle is damaged.
How to report an abandoned vehicle
Telephone : (01256) 844844, Please have the following details ready:
- Registration number, make and model
- Location (street name and nearest house number, or other landmark)
- How long the vehicle has been there
- Any information about who abandoned the vehicle would also be very welcome.
Please note: that vehicles subject to arson are scenes of crime, and should be reported to the police.