Abandoned vehicles should be reported to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council who aim to investigate reports of abandoned vehicles within three working days. Their aim is also to remove a vehicle as soon as they can confirm that it has been abandoned.
The borough council are unable to investigate vehicles if:
- They are taxed and in working condition.
- They have been on private land for less than two months.
- They have been on public land or the highway for less than a month (unless the vehicle is damaged.
How to report an abandoned vehicle
Telephone : (01256) 844844, Please have the following details ready:
- Registration number, make and model
- Location (street name and nearest house number, or other landmark)
- How long the vehicle has been there
- Any information about who abandoned the vehicle would also be very welcome.
Please note: that vehicles subject to arson are scenes of crime, and should be reported to the police.