Oakley & Deane Parish Council
Welcome to the website for Oakley & Deane Parish Council.
We have reserved this area for our Parish Clerk to post important and urgent messages affecting the village and our residents.
From BDBC re waste collection
Changes in bin collection from week commencing Monday 22 July
From next Monday (22 July), Serco crews will be starting their new rounds and over half of the borough’s residents will see a change to the day or week their waste and recycling is collected. Those residents who do not have a change to their day may see a change to the time their rubbish and recycling is collected, therefore it is important bins are put out by 7am. Garden waste customers may also see a change to their collections to bring them in line with their waste and recycling collections.
In preparation for the changes BDBC have sent leaflets to all households giving information on any changes and additional information relevant to them.
Residents can look up their collection days on the websitewww.basingstoke.gov.uk/bin-changes and this has been promoted through social media channels, the local press, parish and community magazines, websites and material placed in community venues throughout the borough.
I hope you will continue to support this effort over the weekend to raise awareness with residents of the changes and remind them to put their bins out on their new days.
Our webpages and FAQs have been updated to reflect how the crews will be working and I thought it would be helpful to summarise in case residents contact you directly:
- Bins must be put out by 7am on your collection day.
- Crews will be taking additional bagged grey bin waste during the week commencing Monday 22 July.
- Crews always take additional recycling material as long as it is placed in a cardboard box or a clear plastic bag next to the green bin.
- Some residents will receive an additional recycling or garden waste collection and they have been notified directly. This only applies to residents whose recycling or garden waste bins will not be collected for over three weeks.
- People living in flats or share a bin store do not need to take any action but it is important they are aware when their bins are due for collection.
- From Monday 22 July, crews will be following the new collection schedule and will not be returning for individual missed bins in the first two weeks. If a bin is not put out on the correct day or it is missed, residents will be advised additional bagged waste will be taken on their next collection. This will also apply to recycling. In the case where half a road or an entire road has been missed by the crews, they will return to collect. The same will apply to an assisted collection, a communal bin or garden waste collection. Missed bins can be reported from Monday 5 August.
Please continue to spread the message in your area and encourage residents to check their collection dates atwww.basingstoke.gov.uk/bin-changes